Goose Hunting in Iceland is a fantastic experience. Three different species of geese are hunted here: Greylag goose, Pinkfooted goose and Barnacle goose.
A days result for 2 hunters can be anywhere between 0-50 geese. This depends on the shooting ability of each hunter, while weather and temperature will certainly also influence the result. When needed we use dogs, preferably Labrador Retrievers. During goose hunts you will be able to shoot most species of duck that might pass by your barrel. We hunt only in our own fields.
- 5 Day Itinerary / 3 Full Days Goose Hunting
- During goose hunts, weather permitting, we can offer seal or seabird hunting during a part of your hunting period.
WHERE: Reykjavik, Iceland
WHEN: The goose hunting season is from August 20th until March 15th. The prime hunting period is from September 25th until October 10th. This is the only time of the season when all three types of ducks can be found.
We also have a very popular Combo Hunt Package for Ducks & Geese. This is the same 5 Day Itinerary / 3 Full Days Hunting.
- Price per person: $3850 (2 hunters)
- $3350 (3 hunters)
- Non-Hunting companion: $380 per day
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Price per person $3850 (2 hunters)
- $3350 (3 hunters)
- Non-Hunting companion $380 per day
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Accommodations with meals
- Visa, Hunting license and Weapons license
- All transport in Iceland
- One professional guide
- All equipment necessary during the hunt, except clothing and firearms
- International flight
- Alcoholic drinks
- Packing and Shipping of trophies
- Fee for extra trophies
- Day 1 – In the afternoon you will arrive at Keflavik International Airport where you will be met by the outfitter. The outfitter will clear your weapons through customs and then transfer you to Reykjavik. That evening you will arrive at your hunting cabin.
- Day 2 – We wake up well before dawn for breakfast, and then out to the field for the morning hunt until about noon. Then we return to the hunting lodge for lunch and a nap. In the afternoon we will hunt a spot where the geese return for their nights rest. The evening hunt is not guaranteed, but we may have a chance for a few geese at dusk.
- Day 3 – Same schedule as Day 2
- Day 4 – Same schedule as Day 2. At the end of the day you will return to Reykjavik by airplane or car. Have a late dinner.
- Day 5 – Transfer to Keflavik International Airport early in the morning. Depart for your flight home.