Seabird (Puffin & Guillemot) Hunting is a very popular sport in Iceland. Hunting from a boat, 100 birds per day per hunter is not uncommon. Iceland is the only country in the world where you can hunt Puffins. During the hunt you will usually be able to shoot all five types of Guillemot (Alcidae) birds: Guillemot, Black Guillemot, Brunnich’s Guillemot, Razorbill and Puffin.
WHAT: 5 Day Itinerary / 2 hunting days and 1 Sightseeing
WHERE: Reykjavik, Iceland
WHEN: The seabird season is from September 1st until May 10th. The best hunting period is April 20th until May 10th.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Price per person: $3450 (2 hunters)
- $2950 (3 hunters)
- Non-Hunting companion:$380 per day
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Accommodations with meals
- Visa, Hunting license and Weapons license
- All transport in Iceland
- One professional guide and a 4x4 vehicle / boat for every two or three hunters
- All equipment necessary during the hunt, except clothing & firearms
- International flight
- Ammunition ($12/box)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Packing & shipping of trophies
- Day 1 – In the afternoon you will arrive at Keflavik International Airport where you will be met by the outfitter. The outfitter will clear your weapons through customs and then transfer you to Reykjavik.
- Day 2 – We usually wake up at 3AM and head out from the harbor by 4AM. It takes about 45 minutes by boat to get to the hunting area. How long we hunt depends on the weather, but we will usually return to the harbor no later than 2PM. This may be earlier if the wind is too strong.
- Day 3 – Same itinerary as Day 2
- Day 4 – Sightseeing. Your host will show you the sights and tourist attractions in Iceland.
- Day 5 – Transfer back to Keflavik International Airport, for your trip back to the States.