Seal Hunting from our lodge in the south east coast of Iceland offers two different species of seals, Grey Seals and Common Seals. A days result for a hunter can be anywhere between 1-10 seals. This of course depends on the shooting ability of each hunter, and weather will certainly also influence the result. There is no limit.
WHAT: 5 Day Itinerary / 3 Full Days of Hunting
WHERE: Reykjavik, Iceland
WHEN: Seal hunting season is year round. The best hunting period for Grey & Common Seal is August, September and October.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Price per person: $2950 (2 hunters)
- $2750 (3 hunters)
- Non-Hunting companion: $380 per day
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Accommodations with meals
- Visa, Hunting license and Weapons license
- All transport in Iceland
- One professional guide
- All equipment necessary during the hunt, except clothing & firearms
- International flight
- Alcoholic drinks
- Packing & shipping of trophies
- Fee for extra trophies
- Day 1 – In the afternoon you will arrive at Keflavik International Airport where you will be met by the outfitter. The outfitter will clear your weapons through customs and then transfer you to Reykjavik. That evening you will arrive at the place chosen for the hunt. We have various hunting places depending on the time of the year and the weather.
- Day 2 – We wake up early for breakfast. We may hunt from a boat with a shotgun using buckshot, a rifle or a bow – hunter’s choice. Or we may go on shore and shoot swimming seals or seals lying on sea rocks with a rifle at a distance of 100 to 300 yards. We retrieve them by light Zodiac.
- Day 3 – Same as Day 2
- Day 4 – Same AM schedule. At the end of the day you will return to Reykjavik by an airplane or car. Have a late dinner.
- Day 5 – Transfer to Keflavik International Airport early in the morning. Depart for home.